First night in Rome and found the jungle. It was great to hang out in the open air in Monti drinking at the fountain. So many young students to talk to with great interests. There I met Will and Connor from Manchester, so we had a night on the town after getting some suggestions from the local girls.. 🍻🍀
Prima notte a Roma e ho trovato la giungla. E ‘stato bello uscire all’aria aperta a Monti a bere alla fontana. Così tanti giovani studenti con cui parlare con grandi interessi. Lì ho incontrato Will e Connor da Manchester, quindi abbiamo passato una notte in città dopo aver ricevuto alcuni suggerimenti dalle ragazze del posto .. 🍻🍀
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Rome
DK Eyewitness travel guides: award-winning guidebooks
Find your corner of Rome with this essential travel guide, designed to help you create your own unique trip and to transport you to this great city before you’ve even packed your case – step back in time at the Roman Forum and Colosseum, get a bird’s eye view of Rome from the top of the Victor Emmanuel Monument, or relax in Villa Borghese park. The DK Eyewitness Guide to Rome covers the must-see sights and the hidden corners, so you won’t miss a thing.
• Gorgeous, all-new color photography so you can imagine yourself there
• Reasons to love Rome: beautiful piazzas, spectacular art, ancient monuments, lively local markets, heavenly ice cream – what will yours be?
• See Rome from a different angle – 20 pages of fresh ideas for exploring the city
• A year-long calendar of events in Rome gives a selection of local events and festivals for all seasons
• Sturdy, laminated pull-out city map gives transport information and Metro, tram and bus map
• Expert advice covers the practical stuff: get ready, get around and stay safe
• Over 17 detailed, color maps help you navigate Rome with ease
• Expert tips to make memories that last – where to snap and share the perfect photo, take in stunning views and escape the crowds
• The most authentic places to stay, eat, drink and shop
• Easy-to-follow walks and itineraries take you on a tour of each area, with plenty of eat and drink stops en route.
• Hand-drawn illustrations show the inside of the must-see attractions, including St Peter’s Basilica, the Palatine and the Pantheon
• Covers Capitol; Forum and Palatine; Piazza della Rotonda; Piazza Navona; Piazza di Spagna and Villa Borghese; Campo de’ Fiori; Quirinal and Monti; Esquiline; Lateran; Caracalla; Aventine; Trastevere; Janiculum; Vatican; and Via Veneto; plus sights beyond the old city walls, including day trips further afield
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Rome is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you create your own unique trip.
DK Eyewitness: winner of the Top Guidebook Series in the Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards 2017.
Staying for longer? Try our DK Eyewitness guide to Italy.
About DK Eyewitness Travel: For 25 years, DK’s beautifully practical Eyewitness guides have been combining inspiring ideas and expert advice with easy-to-read maps and vivid photography to inform and enrich your holiday. This year they have been given a stunning new look that you will love even more. DK is the world’s leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.